BCS Tools 3.17
BCS Tools, a complete tool for Beijer Electronics control offer including debugging, configuration, simulation and commissioning in one software. Based on CODESYS IEC 61131-3 programming with all editors (FBD, LD, IL, ST, SFC, CFC).
BCS Tools offers full customization, object-oriented graphics and user-friendly programming, with enhanced editing-control integrating application program, fieldbus and process networks into a single interface.
Four different license levels available:
Without entering a license key, BCS Tools runs in "Lite" mode.
To use all features in BCS Tools 3.17 make sure to use
• BCS NEXTO CPU firmware 126.96.36.199 for NX3003, 188.8.131.52 for NX3004/NX3005, 184.108.40.206 for NX3010/NX3020/NX3030, 220.127.116.11 for XP300/XP315/XP325 or later.
• Firmware versions older than 1.7.0.xx is not supported by BCS Tools 3.17.
Revision history - BCS Tools
• Added CANopen Slave Devices to XP300, XP315 and XP325.
• Improvements in Project Update;
• Improvements in the project file creation;
• Improvements in Help Files;
• Fixes in copy and paste commands in I/O Mapping;
• Fixes in Special Variables.
• Added Integrated Inputs and Outputs Mapping for CPU NX3003, XP300, XP315 and XP325;
• Added a new GVL called Special Variables including Pulsating Bits, Clock variables and Constants;
• Added Open Circuit Value in Integrated I/O Analog Inputs for CPU XP315 and XP325;
• Added information about modules installation in Help files;
• Protocol EtherNet/IP Scanner and Adapter allowed for all CPUs;
• Added the LibDataLogger library;
• Included CANopen Slave Devices (EDS).
• Improvements in NX5101 Modbus Mappings to align data according to the physical order;
• Improvements in Analog Output Configuration Page XP315 and XP325;
• Fixed error message in New Project Screen when trying to add I/O modules;
• Improvements in the English culture help files;
• Fixed I/O Simulation tool was not working for Integrated I/O in NX3003, XP300, XP315 and XP325;
• Limited the use of reserved words (“DigitalInputs”, “DigitalOutputs”, “FastInputs” and “FastOutputs”) in code generation for CPU NX3003, XP300, XP315 and XP325;
• Fixed the incompatibility of BCS Tools recent versions (3.14 and 3.15) related to parameterization error in the NJ6001.
• Updated the compiler to fix a potential occurrence of exception when using Ethernet IP protocol.
• Included option "disabled" for open circuit value on 4-20mA inputs of NX6000 and NJ6000 modules, allowing reading of signals below 4mA (0 to 4mA).
• Included 4-20mA scale on modules NJ6001, NJ6005 and NJ6101, adding also an option to set the behavior of analog inputs on open circuit condition.
• Added "Login" Button to Easy Connection.
• Including a confirmation message before removing objects from the project.
• Added Right Click to open the product information web page in Configuration (Bus).
• Use Internet Explorer 11 to show the start web page (requires Internet Explorer 11 to be installed).
• Improvement to copy and paste on Modbus Symbol Server.
• Improved algorithm of the LibNextoPID with anti-reset windup and the automatic error recovery (ex: Gp < 0).
• Fixed the translation of the "Paste Contacts" submenu in the "FBD / LD / IL" menu.
• Fixed to always create a project with newest version of PLC.
• Fixed possible error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" after request export to CSV.
• Fixed the culture selection after open the "Clock Settings" dialog.
• Fixed the "Export Online Variables" command.
• Fixed error introduced on version 3.10 which may cause exception after a switchover of redundant PLC.
• Fixed error introduced on version 3.11 which results on exception when reading/writing to MODBUS mappings with variable size longer than 16 bits.
• Changed limits of Recipe Manager, keeping only the limit of 5.000 variables per Recipe Definition.
• Improved Help.
• Changed the installer to solve some cases where the installation process results on error when running on outdated versions of Windows 7 and 8.1.
If you previously downloaded the software package from SmartStore, find the download link in submenu My account > My apps, when logged in!