BFI-P2/H3/E3 and X2 Control by Modbus RTU
This library file includes a function block, documentation and handles the communication between X2/BoX2 Control and the BFI-E3, BFI-P2 or BFI-H3 frequency inverter using Modbus RTU.
The library file contains the following functionality:
• Start and stop of motor
• Change Set frequency
• Normal-, fast- or coasting-stop
• Alarm Reset
• Constant monitoring of Drive Outputs, Alarms, Safety and Running Hours
• Read and Write of all parameters and data available
• Read of Drive type, Input voltage, Power, Frame size, Firmware and serial number
• Possibility to control from the PLC-program or the HMI
The library file is also embedded in a PLC-program. This PLC-program adds additional functionality and by downloading it to the controller it is possible to run the BFI without any additional PLC code.
It also contains an iX-project to support the function block in BCS Tools. The iX-project contains one screen from which you can access all BFI in the network just by selecting the station number.
• Package V1.0.1 is the first released version (2021-04-27)
• Package V1.0.2 is an update version supporting more BFI inverter models (2022-01-31)
Developed and supported for:
• BCS Tools 3.33 or CODESYS V3.5 SP13 Patch3
• iX Developer 2.40 SP5 / SP6
• BFI-Tools 184.108.40.206
• X2 control (marine / extreme) or BoX2 pro SC / motion
• BFI-P2 and BFI-H3 with at least firmware 2.40
• BFI-E3 with at least firmware 3.00
The zip file contains a sample projects, a library file and a quick start guide:
• SER0015_V1.0.2_X2_BFI_ ModbusRTU.projectarchieve (BCS Tools application)
• SER0015_V1.0.2_iX_X2ControlBFIAllbuses.zip (iX application)
If you previously downloaded the package file from SmartStore, find the download link in submenu My account > My apps, when logged in!